Holds and the Custom Valuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holds and the Custom Valuator

I don't know if this is just because I hang out with wierd people, but I'm finding that there's a little more interest in trying to boost some middle relief pitchers by adding a holds category. While holds will never be quite as scarce as saves, when there is a category specifically designed for MRP, it boosts their value significantly, in a 6x6 setting.

I'm wondering if HQ would ever consider adding holds to its custom valuators and projections. It's not so much that I think holds can be easily projected, but would it be that much more difficult to project than saves? I mean we mostly know who the 'setup' guy is on most teams, who pitches the 7th, etc. While I can guestimate holds numbers pretty easily, what I don't have the statistical background to do is to add that number into my custom values to get a better guage of where the Raphael Sorianos, Tom Gordons and Scott Williamsons of the world should be valued.

Also, there are categories that HQ does project, like hitter strikeouts, that may be useful to add to the valuator as well, and I wonder if you are considering expanding your categories even further.

Thanks for any response.
Working...
X