Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Stats & Projections Questions

BHQ -

Is there a glossary for all of the abbreviations that are used in the files? I don't find some of them listed in your glossary, "Baseball Forecaster", Google, etc.

Also is there any way to present in the statistics and projections files whether a pitcher is a starter, reliever, closer, etc. similar to how present the positions in the batter files. You present the start/relief games in your PlayerLink database so you obviously have the data.

Thanks.

blueboy714
    [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
    Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
    ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
    ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

All definitions should be in the glossary, let me know which ones you can't find and I'll track them down for you.

As for the SP/RP designations, that gets a little problematic for guys who yo-yo from SP to RP, etc. You can check the 'Depth Chart Center' to see how we're allocating innings on each team. As you point out, they're in the Playerlink database as well. Also, if you sort or filter the projection file based on innings, there's probably a breakpoint in there (say, >40 IP projected for the rest of the year) that would allow you to easily separate the SP and RP.

Finally, no need to double-post across the forums. Just put your post in the place where you think it fits best, and we'll see it.

Comment

Thanks for the answer - but that seems like a lot work just to determine how many games a pitcher starts vs. how many games they play in (You can then figure out the percentages you want).

Questions - I am assuming "BFG" is batters faced per game. What are SVP, HP, SP, XE, EP in the pitcher's file.

Sorry for the double posting - you can remove this post in the "HQ Website". I forgot it was for technical questions.

blueboy714
      [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
      Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
      [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
      ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
      ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

BFG: right, batters faced/gm
        Here's the EP definition.
        HP and SP... I don't see those, I see H%/S%.
        XE is the difference between a pitcher's ERA and xERA
        I believe SVP is save percentage.

Comment

As for Games/Games Started by pitchers, those files are really big already and most people don't use those as categories in their leagues. I'll pass along a suggestion to get them added, though.

Comment

Working...
          X