Percentage Valuation Method - Rotolab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percentage Valuation Method - Rotolab

Purchased rotolab and am having problems setting up the PVM value system (category weights). In a 12 team NL league with 15 hitters and 10 pictures- 280.00 per team. We use HR, RBI, SB, Avg, K's, Wins, SV and ERA. Should I put the PVM category weights at 1.00 each or is their a better and more accurate weight for each category. When I set up all weights equal to 1.00 and compared to values with SGP (Using denominators from BHQ) there was a significant difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I would suggest sending Merv and e-mail at info@rotolab.com. He is very responsive and can help walk you through it
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the help

Comment

Sent this to the user last night, posting here in case others have the same question: They have to be different. If they were the same there would be no need for two value systems. Those are just characteristics of the values systems, SGP is more middle of the road, PVM tends to values some categories highly (like SB, AVG, SV). You can go with SGP or you can tone down the PVM Weights on some of those categories. There are just a lot of different opinions and bidding tendencies that make up player values, hence the need for more than one set of numbers and parameters to play around with them.

-Merv

Comment

Valuation Holy Grail...found? (long, and for valuation geeks only)

How exactly is SGP calculated?

Looking for info on Percentage Valuation

Valuation Principles/Importance

MANY threads cover this in excruciating detail. You might be able to find more with SEARCH or SIMILAR THREADS
          http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Still no answer - but closer to the truth

Thanks for the links - they were very informative. Have not found the holy grail, but have a better understanding of the factors behind valuation theories

Comment

Working...
            X