Custom value, pitchers $ reversed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom value, pitchers $ reversed?

Johan santana is the lowest listed pitcher for $4 and Brad Hennessey is coming up as the highest.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Batters values seem correct.

I debugged this a little and it looks like its related to my replacement player level being set to $10 instead of $1. FA in our league have a salary of $10.

Comment

You should set replacement salary to $10 if that's also the minimum allowable auction bid. Can you post your full league parameters? I'm sure the high replacement salary is what's happening, but I'd like to see why.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

17 teams,
        AL,NL,
        270 budget per team,
        66% offense,
        8 bench players,
        valuation: Top Players,
        replacement salary - 10,
        7 P, 3 OF, 1 C, 1 1b, 1 2b, 1 ss, 1 3b, 0 MI, 0 CI, 1 UT
        5x5 plus OPS and Holds

When i set the replacement back to 1 is does seem to look correct.

Comment

Yeah for that league $10 replacement level doesn't make much sense. Here's why:
          -You have 17 teams with 270 each for a total of $4,590 to be spent
          -You have 17 teams with 24 players each for a total of 408 players
          -At $10 replacement level that forces the system to spend $10 on each player, leaving only $510 out fo the $4,590 to be spent according to skill level.

Now the CDG could handle this better than inverting the rankings (something getting goofy with a minus sign somewhere), but I think you should set your replacment salary to the minimum auction bid for best results.

Also, with 8 bench players on 17 teams you might get weird results. For leagues that have a deep bench that is usually filled with $1 guys (from the farm team or waivers, etc), I suggest reducing the number of bench players to the average number each team winds up with salaries above replacement salary. Say you play in a league with 5 bench spots, but each team usually has 4 $1 players. Then I'd reduce the team salary by $4 and input 1 bench spot.
          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X