Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like dynasty? Want a challenge? Can handle H2H and points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like dynasty? Want a challenge? Can handle H2H and points?

An opening has come up in the dynasty league I am the commissioner of. If you've ever see my annual 'help Nick figure out who to drop' threads, it's for this league. In its sixth year (and so far, we've had five different champions), it's been described by owners in this league as the most fun league they've been in. Here are the quirky bits:
    • It's points-based, so no categories. Basically, everything in baseball helps or hurts points, so we count it all.
    • It's H2H, so no year-long goal, just twice a week matchups that create nice rivalries.

OK, we just lost the traditional roto players. Now, those of you left, if you like the idea of H2H with long playoff matchups, along with the inevitable vagaries of H2H play (ugh, I dominated all year, then lost in the playoffs to that weak team having a great week!), let's talk.

This is dynasty -- no contracts, you can keep your guys forever. Got Trout? He's yours until he retires.

This is shallow and deep: Only 12 teams in this mixed league, so you think it's an All Star league or something. Well, yeah, you need above average players at each position, and we only have 18 starters (9 batters, 5 SP, 4 RP), so that's shallow, huh? But our bench is 60 deep. Want 60 major leaguers? Go for it. Want to be daring and have 60 minor leaguers? Go for it. It's up to you.

This is an easy league. Take 5 minutes twice a week to set your lineup, and you're done. We start matches on Monday and again on Friday of every week. We play a 34-match regular season, and then 6 of the 12 teams make the playoffs, and we have playoffs for 11 matches through three rounds, with points added up along the way to get cumulative totals (in case you have one bad week).

Now the challenge: The team that is vacant is bad. Really bad. Not totally barren, and it went 14-20 this year, so it's not hopeless. And it plays in the Lower division (we have relegation each year) so it's easy to get to the playoffs from the Lower. But yeah, this is a long-term reclamation project. Do you like following the minor leagues? Are you a very good prospect hound? This is the team for you! Blow it up! Make trades, sell off the veterans and go deep into the minors. You might suck for a year or two, but your prospects will be coming, and it will be fun waiting for them.

If that described you, please message me, and tell me why you think this is the league for you. It's a friendly league, a fun league, but it's not a woofing league with trash talking and the like. Just friendly guys trying to compete.

If you don't know the minor leagues, don't apply. You simply won't enjoy it. But if you think you can build a winner, here's your chance to turn around this team by showing us how much you know the minor leagues.

P.S. I am looking for an owner now because free agency remains open until October 1st, and in this league you get to pick up free agents any time you want day or night. So you can really start to rebuild your team now while the playoffs go on. And in early September, trading re-opens, and ​remains open all offseason, so you'll be able to make deals to turn this team into your own. Might as well get started now.

FYI, we have drafts twice a year: mid-February free agent draft, and early-August rookie draft. Both drafts are done by Slack, not live, and typically take 2-3 days. We just finished the rookie draft this year, and I picked for your team: Hunter Greene and Austin Beck. Hey, it was the least I could do for the new owner.
    Last edited by NICK@HQ; 08-08-2017, 08:49 PM.
    MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Can you post the roster? Let's see how bad it really is.
    FKA Bloodface : Follow on Twitter
    12 team, H2H, AL&NL, Auction, Contracts, 200-player MiLB roster, yearly MiLB & FYPD drafts
    Pos: 2 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 2 LF, 2 CF, 2 RF, 1 OF, 2 U, 10 P, 10 B; Hit: H, BA, HR, RBI, R, SB, BB, OPS; Pitch: K, ERA, WHIP, W, QS, S, HD, BB/9
    GFs FYPDs: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 MiLB Drafts: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013

Comment

Like dynasty? Want a challenge? Can handle H2H and points?

Oh, it has Freeman and Nunez and Justin Upton. Darvish, Maeda and Rodon. Wade Davis.

Luke Weaver, Hunter Greene, Austin Beck.

Not a lot else. If this were my team, I'd blow it up, sell off every breathing veteran and trade for minor leaguers and draft picks, hit the free agent market to grab every High-A talent I could find. Do a deep rebuild and be great in three years.

Comment

Lemme take a look, I might be interested.
        FKA Bloodface : Follow on Twitter
        12 team, H2H, AL&NL, Auction, Contracts, 200-player MiLB roster, yearly MiLB & FYPD drafts
        Pos: 2 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 2 LF, 2 CF, 2 RF, 1 OF, 2 U, 10 P, 10 B; Hit: H, BA, HR, RBI, R, SB, BB, OPS; Pitch: K, ERA, WHIP, W, QS, S, HD, BB/9
        GFs FYPDs: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 MiLB Drafts: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013

Comment

Is this a league with a yearly entry fee, or a free league?

The setup sounds intriguing and I've been wanting to get back into H2H, with one team, for a few seasons now. The redraft H2H never appealed to me, so the complete dynasty aspect of this league has me interested.
          My team: 10-Team AL-Only Keeper: 5x5 (OBP & K-BB)

Comment

Yearly fee of $25. Very modest prize structure. Not about the money at all.

Comment

Several of you have shown interest, but I've got the new owner now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X