Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Draft Guide and also Projections page lists Hits as a category but not !B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide and also Projections page lists Hits as a category but not !B

Hi guys. I love this site and the insight you provide, but encountering a problem which I'm hoping for input on.

I play in a points league for which offensive cats include 1B, 2B, 3B, and HR. I ran Custom Draft Guide to include these but instead got categories: Hits, 2B, 3B, HR. Problem is that the Hits number obviously lumps in 2B, 3B, and HR, too, and so I end up double-counting the extra base hits (Either that, or Gary Sanchez is projected for almost 200 hits and Altuve's at 270).

The projections on the Stats and Projections page seem to have the same issue, no column for singles but rather a hit column that is a total of all hits.

The only way I found around this was to run the Custom Draft Guide with Total Bases cat for hits but with no breakdown of !B, 2B, 3B and HR, making it harder to make my own judgements on the projections.

If this is a case of my driver error, please let me know what I need to do to fix it. Thanks!

Henry
    Last edited by HenryL; 03-16-2017, 11:23 PM.

Hmm, interesting. If this is broken, it must have been broken forever. I'll take a look at it.

Comment

Thanks, Ray.

Comment

So, I took a look and I'm confused as to the problem. Or, I'm hoping it's you who is confused. (No offense, that's just the easy answer. )

Yes, the *output* of the Stats and Projections files, and the Custom Draft Guide, shows Hits/2B/3B/HR. Notably, in the CDG, the output does not change based on what you give it for inputs... only the dollar values changed.

As a test, though, I just ran a CDG configuration where the only category was singles, and it correctly spit out (in a points league) 142 points for Altuve as a point total, meaning he has 142 singles projected.

So, what I *think* you're getting confused on here is the difference between what's going into the valuations and what's being displayed in the output report. Just because the latter shows hits/double/triple/hr, doesn't mean that's what's getting calculated in the values. If you tell the CDG to use singles as a category, it's doing that correctly.

Let me know if that answers the question.

Comment

I always thought that was total hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Brew Crew View Post
            I always thought that was total hits.
            It is.

Comment

Working...
            X