This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave

This may not affect many users, but I have an highly refined ability to graze my laptop touchpad in a way that takes me out of the box where I am actively entering a comment or reply to a forum post, EXACTLY before I hit the Backspace key several times. On the first strike, it pops up the warning, "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave", and gives me the option to "Leave Page" or "Stay on Page", with "Leave" being the default option. Unfortunately, a 2nd strike of the Backspace key is interpreted as striking Enter or clicking on the default choice, and boom, I'm 2, 3, or more browser pages in the past before I know it, and my text is lost.

Is there any way you can change the default to "Stay" or make the 2nd strike of the Backspace key NOT be interpreted as a click or a strike of the Enter key? I don't know how many dozens of multi-paragraph comments I've lost to the wind with this problem. It SEEMS the "Stay" as default would be a simple fix, and not be terribly inconvenient for people who actually want to leave the page.

If it matters, I use Firefox for my browser. I can see how that may be relevant to how Backspace is interpreted, but shouldn't matter for changing the default choice you offer in the page design.
    10 Team, 14+9, NL Only, 4x4, 2-Year Ultra League (draft year, final year if not signed, back to draft pool), Up to 12 Keepers

12 Team, Mixed 5x5, Head to Head, Redraft
    C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT UT SP SP RP RP P P P P; 5 Bench, 4 IL

I'll check, but this is out-of-the-box behavior of vBulletin (the forum software). I don't think the default behavior is configurable, but I'll look around.

Comment

Thanks for checking.
      10 Team, 14+9, NL Only, 4x4, 2-Year Ultra League (draft year, final year if not signed, back to draft pool), Up to 12 Keepers

12 Team, Mixed 5x5, Head to Head, Redraft
      C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT UT SP SP RP RP P P P P; 5 Bench, 4 IL

Comment

My computer crashed recently and I am now trying Microsoft Edge as a browser. For the first time I am getting the irritating "Do you want to leave this page" every time I try to click off of a thread to go back to the main menu. This does not occur with other browsers. I cannot find a fix for this. Am I stuck with it, or just use another browser.

Comment

I only see that message when (as Shadow described above) you've entered some text in the comment field. You're saying you get it all the time even when you haven't entered anything yet? That's pretty weird... haven't heard of this from anyone else, so I'm guessing it's browser-specific. But you can't be the only Edge user around here... maybe someone else who uses Edge has a tip?

Comment

No, it occurs whether or not I have entered text. Since it seems to be Edge specific, I presume that there is some Edge doodad that can be turned off, just don't know what it is, so second the request for how to turn it off in Edge

Comment

Working...
            X