X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noting changes in value

Hi BHQ,
    Huge fan with one question.
    As I run CDGs on a regular basis, I was wondering if you have considered a way to note players who's value has changed by X, with X being at least a noticeable? Say $1 or $2 or more. I know all players change weekly, a few cents one way or other, but BIG changes noted would be a huge help vs having to compare all players with old and new CDG. Or this exists and I dont know it?
    thanks
    grendel
    League 1: 5 x 5 std, 15-team mixed, $260 auction,14 hitters (2 C, 2U, the rest std), 9 pitchers (no defined roles, 950 inn. min, no max), 6 bench, 8 keepers, $100 FAAB Budget, league champ '05, '15, '17 '23!

Yes, this has been suggested a bunch of times. I can understand the appeal, but in practice it's very difficult to pull off.

Comment

A column once a week in February, 3x/week in March and possibly every 2 weeks during the regular season could easily be posted to list the players whose projected/estimated value has changed >= $2. It would be invaluable as now I need to repeatedly run the draft guide to get updated values and it is costing the environment a lot of trees.

Comment

There are very, very few performance-based changes to projections. If you follow Playing Time Today, we cover the bulk of the PT changes there... and those are most frequently what drive the value changes. Adding the PT% changes to PT Today was a direct attempt at addressing this request. And it seems to be working... I get this request a lot less frequently than I used to.

Comment

I do it on my own. I download the new csv file, move it into my projections workbook and vlookup the new $ column. Then I subtract new $ - old $.

Comment

Originally posted by RABohms View Post
            I do it on my own. I download the new csv file, move it into my projections workbook and vlookup the new $ column. Then I subtract new $ - old $.
            I used to do the same thing, highlighting those whose $ projections changed 3 dollars or more in either direction. I haven't bothered to do it in a few years for the reasons Ray cited above.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

As a related issue, it would also be useful to notate players whose expected value in the short term (whether on the downside because of an injury or they are expected to win more playing time later in the season, or on the upside, perhaps because their competition for a job is currently injured) differs significantly from their rest of year projected value. Obviously that would have value for DFS, but also in deciding on pick ups in season long leagues.
              BERSMR in Dallas

Comment

Working...
              X