No announcement yet.

Maximizing Use of HQ during the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximizing Use of HQ during the season?

If when I visit the site during the season I'm relying on the daily links and the "latest from" boxes to catch up on what new content since my last visit, am I catching all of the new content on the site or am I missing things I want and need?

How do "power users" use the site? What workflow do you use on the site daily or weekly?

I'm aware of but not a heavy user of Playerlink and Stats & Tools in-season; if I'm in that section of the site, it's likely Feb-Mar with an auction approaching. I've tried using the TEAM Tracker but it's just too cumbersome for my liking; if it used the Yahoo/ESPN APIs to allow me to import and to dynamically update my league's rosters, my use of that tool would likely increase dramatically. And following the First Pitch Forums, I've taken Hershey's advice and try to hit the forums frequently; much of my idle reading from my phone has changed from other news sites to the HQ Forums.

-Chris
    -cmd

10-team mixed - 5x5 (QS OBP) - 2C 1B 3B CI 2B SS MI 5OF 1UT 5SP 3RP 2P 6BN 2MIN - Unlimited keepers $160 max - $260 auction
    10-team mixed - H2H Roto 5x5 - C 1B 2B SS 3B 4OF 2UT 3SP 2RP 4P 8BN - Dynasty must keep 20 - Snake Draft

I'm not a "power user" but the minor league call-up analysis columns are a must have for me for weekly FAAB bidding. I wish player profiles were republished, even if a straight copy/paste, when a player is recalled multiple times during the season, but that's a minor gripe.

Comment

We'll have some writing on this topic on the site over the next week or two. But by all means, you guys should compare notes here. Interesting for me to read too.

Comment

1. The Forums rock. Don't be afraid to ask questions. And if you contribute to discussions I believe your questions may get more attention.

2. Daily columns, esp the Call Ups. I frequently am ahead of my league competitors in evaluating and rostering call ups during the year.

3. Custom Draft Grid. Not only fantastic for drafts, but helpful during the year in evaluating trades, since it's customizable to your leagues. Personally I don't find the MACK team tracker helpful due to the effort in keeping it updated for each of my leagues.

4. Pitching match ups. Can't remember what that section's called, but pretty helpful for streaming starting pitchers.

Comment

w/r/t MACK, I use it inseason to load in pitchers (or hitters) I am choosing between on the waiver wire, as I find that the best way to visually compare muiltiple players' YTD and ROS projected skill sets

Comment

I usually use the slideshow every day to read that day's posts. I have transaction deadlines on Fridays and Saturdays and so sometime in the Thursday-Saturday window I will systematically look at that week's skills guides for tips on notable players and review the weekly pitching matchup guide to inform my free agent pickup decisions. I will also use that window to review any other articles I might have missed during the week.

Comment

I read all new columns on a daily basis. I create new CDGs every Friday or Saturday for updates on my players, trade targets and FAAB options. And Sunday is Starting pitchers guide to review upcoming weeks SP decisions.
              I hope all the suggestions help.
              League 1: 5 x 5 std, 15-team mixed, $260 auction,14 hitters (2 C, 2U, the rest std), 9 pitchers (no defined roles, 950 inn. min, no max), 6 bench, 8 keepers, $100 FAAB Budget, league champ '05, '15, '17 '23!

Comment

Very helpful. Much appreciated.
                -cmd

10-team mixed - 5x5 (QS OBP) - 2C 1B 3B CI 2B SS MI 5OF 1UT 5SP 3RP 2P 6BN 2MIN - Unlimited keepers $160 max - $260 auction
                10-team mixed - H2H Roto 5x5 - C 1B 2B SS 3B 4OF 2UT 3SP 2RP 4P 8BN - Dynasty must keep 20 - Snake Draft

Comment

Working...
                X