• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Logging in to BHQ

When I try to log in I get the following error message:

This webpage is not available

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hmmm, haven't heard of this from anyone else. Can you try clearing your browser history/cache, maybe try a different browser if you have one available?

Comment

Did that. The problem is happening in Chrome, so I just tried IE and got the following:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Comment

More information (in Chrome):
        A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

Comment

Passed this over to Mike from our tech team. Maybe he'll have an idea or two.

Comment

This is due to security settings on your computer. Are you part of a corporate network that may have special security settings, or have you disabled any SSL options within your computer / web browser?
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ View Post
              This is due to security settings on your computer. Are you part of a corporate network that may have special security settings, or have you disabled any SSL options within your computer / web browser?
              Mike
              Nope. I'm being told that the new version of Chrome no longer supports the outdated encryption protocol that BHQ is using. Could that be the problem? In the meantime I've downloaded Firefox and am able to access BHQ that way.

Comment

Hi -
                We don't allow insecure SSL protocols (just double checked to be sure)

What version of Chrome are you using? Outdated versions of chrome may have issues with some of our advanced security settings.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for following up. It appears that someone waved a magic wand as I'm now able to access BHQ from Chrome without any problems. I'll let you know if that changes.

Comment

Working...
                  X