Unique, Realistic Dynasty League Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique, Realistic Dynasty League Opening

Now entering its 18th year, Mendoza Baseball is a hobbyist site run by volunteers dedicated to developing the most realistic Major League Baseball franchise ownership game possible. If you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game for you.

There are several different leagues with openings. You can browse available teams at http://mendozabaseball.com/signup.asp. 10th in the Mendoza AL Classic league.

Mendoza is a sabermetric dynasty format that is designed to emulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible, warts and all. The scoring is based on an intricate but intuitive system where player values are calibrated to be similar to advanced metrics like Value Over Replacement Player. Mendoza has everything you would want in a challenging fantasy format, including:

* E-Bay style free agent auctions
    * 25-man active rosters, 40-man major league rosters and 20-man minor league rosters
    * Reserve clause and arbitration simulator
    * Multi-year contracts
    * A waiver system
    * Minor league draft
    * Designate relievers as closers (high leverage), setup, or long relief (low leverage)
    * Fielding affects results
    * A full-blown economic model with revenue sharing
    * Very deep leagues with dedicated owners that stick around for the whole year (and beyond)

Let me know if you have questions.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

I started playing Mendoza last year and it's been great fun. It's been a significant learning curve for sure, yet I have enjoyed it and am happy to recommend giving it a go. Give it some serious thought and if you like something to test the grey matter I'm sure you won't regret it. It is about as far away from an ESPN/Yahoo straight draft as you can get.

I play both of those so that statement is not intended to denigrate either of the two formats.

Comment

Working...
    X