Question on Team Depth Charts/CSV Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Team Depth Charts/CSV Files

I have a question on your depth charts and why they have some players in a certain position when they are playing more %-wise at another position. This occurs on both the team depth charts and your CSV download files.

For example - Wilmer Flores (NYM) - is listed as a 3B on the depth charts but he is projected to play 25% at 3B and only 15% at SS.

Thanks
    [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
    Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
    ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
    ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

There's two elements to positional assignments:

- where they are eligible based on 20 games last year
    - where we project them to play the most this year.

A combination of the two is what leads to where they get placed in the league grid, if that's what you're asking about. It's done automatically and can occasionally look a little hokey, but if you point out cases manually, we can usually adjust them. But in general, if you get beyond the league view and look at the actual data, you can usually get a clearer picture.

Comment

thanks - makes sense that your seldom used utility infielders be placed at SS
      [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
      Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
      [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
      ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
      ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

Working...
      X