Addition of link to player's Playerlink page in forum player discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition of link to player's Playerlink page in forum player discussions

Forgive me if this has been suggested before, I tried a forum search and didn't see this suggestion so am posting it here....For threads focusing on single player it would be nice if there were a link attached to the thread to the player's PLayerlink page. I realize it may be cumbersome for long threads that start bringing in discussion of other players to include all players discussed, but if the forum rules/standard operating procedure were to add a link to the primary player under discussion whenever a new player thread is started, it would be nice to have a link at the top of each page or somewhere convenient. I know it's not hard to go find the player's page so this isn't a crucial improvement so treat this as a "nice-to-have". Not sure if there is an easy way to facilitate this for a thread author (thinking of a player lookup button to easily add the link or something similar) or if this is just an education task to teach authors how to post a link. This might also avoid the issue where posts refer to a Cabrera or Jones and you have figure which one they are referring to.

This is a minor nit, the forums are great. I don't post often to avoid getting into the countless little petty arguments that take place, but enjoy reading them as an observer.

thanks and keep up the good work

Whether it could be done automatically or not (I'm guessing no) I think it would be a nice practice if forum posters did it manually the first time a player is mentioned in a thread. I'll try doing this from now on. Nice idea, DKam.

Comment

Working...
    X