Personal messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal messages

Just a suggestion for next year. I've seen some message boards where members could send a "personal message" email to other members without revealing their own email or leaning the email of the recipient. It lets you communicate with other members without having to worry about your identity getting out.

Just something to think about.
    What's the rumpus?

I regularly visit a (non-baseball) web site with a message board that has the personal message feature like Tom describes. However, it's not very prominent when someone has a personal message since one rarely receives one and usually dives right into the message boards. Hence, the couple I've received are very stale by the time I notice them.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Good point. On other boards I frenquent, they send you an email whenever there is a private message from someone so you can pick it up right away.

There are lots of people who would like to participate or comment, but for some reason don't wish to do so publicly on the board.
      What's the rumpus?

Comment

Coincidentally enough, I just received a personal message from the other message board I frequent and it now has a pop-up screen when I entered the site indicating the presence of the personal message. That's another viable option.
        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
        X