Why So Hard To Find Old Content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why So Hard To Find Old Content?

In a post like this, I feel it's necessary to begin with the point that I love Baseball HQ, and have been a subscriber since 2004. That being said, there's something that's always bothered me about the site, but never more than today.

I'm trying to find an old Rotisserie Gaming (I think that's where it was posted) article about the pluses and minuses of switching from Wins as a category to Quality Starts. It was published within the last year or two. Try as I might, however, I cannot locate it.

First, where in the heck do I find this article? Second, what is the advantage of making old content so hard to find?

For as much as we all pay to Baseball HQ, you'd think that they could afford a better web designer and better information architecture. It's a nightmare to navigate.
    10 team al-only auction dynasty league. $285 budget. 35-man roster, 8-man minor league roster. We start 9 offensive & 11 pitchers (everything else is reserve). Stats: Off - R H HR RBI BB SB AVG OPS Pitch - QS S HLD K ERA K/BB WHIP BAA. also in a 10 team nl-only league w/ the same settings.

No doubt, this can be a problem. It's something we're very much focused on addressing in 2011. We are just kicking off a major initiative that will address the ongoing complaints about navigation. You'll be hearing more about this in the coming months.

As for the specific article... our search tool (on the left-hand menu of the home page) usually does a decent job with this sort of thing, but it doesn't find anything that really looks like what you're describing. There's a Research column that looked at how to project Quality Starts (something we'll be doing soon), and some other things that are tangentially related like that. But the search engine tends to err on the side of returning too many hits, so if this article was out there it should have shown up in the search.

I just looked at our master editorial schedules for the last two years, and I don't see it there either. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, of course... maybe it's older than you recall, or maybe someone else can offer a clue that will help us find it. I'm drawing a blank right now, sorry.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I'm hoping these improvements come to fruition.

I am almost positive that this article existed at one time, though I was unable to turn anything up through search. It is possible that I read it elsewhere, but I'm remembering it in the Rotisserie Gaming section of the site, so...

I had copied it and saved it on my computer at one time, but I ended up deleting it for some reason. Now I need the darn thing, and can't find it. Oh well...
      10 team al-only auction dynasty league. $285 budget. 35-man roster, 8-man minor league roster. We start 9 offensive & 11 pitchers (everything else is reserve). Stats: Off - R H HR RBI BB SB AVG OPS Pitch - QS S HLD K ERA K/BB WHIP BAA. also in a 10 team nl-only league w/ the same settings.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to suggest that you read it elsewhere, but that's a possibility...

Comment

Working...
        X