Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for new feature for Custom Draft Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for new feature for Custom Draft Guide.

Can HQ allow us to select a date range for calculating values.

For example. lets say I acquired Roy Hallday on May 20th. I wanted to know what he actually earned for my team... Or if you acquired Ubaldo Jiminez for august 1st.

I would like to use this data to accuartely analyze how teams have spent money over the course of the season.. but trades and other things make this a very inexact science.

E.G. I called up Buster Posey in sept. his Value is absed on his YTD stats, but that isn't what counted for me....

Does this make sense, and is it doable?

Thanks

-Josh

P.S. I have rotolab, does anyone know if this is something you can easily do in rotolab?
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

If you're talking about supporting different date ranges for different players, I think that would be incredibly complicated to program. And no, Rotolab wouldn't do this either.

Comment

no, it would be for the entire player pool for the given dates... but it would allow me to see a given players value after acquisition.
      "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

Still complicated, I think. It's not terribly hard to create snapshots of different timeframes (1st half, 2nd half, monthly splits, etc), but any time you make a configurable time frame, it basically means we have to have a massive database of statistics broken down by day so we can suck in the timeframe you're asking for.

Comment

Hey, id love weekly or monthly time frames if a by date one doesn't work.

You guys get a stat feed i assume, so I am sure that data is available though.. you have game logs etc so I am sure you have the data. I know CBS has pretty advanced data base where not only can i get the stats but can actually get only the stats a player earned while active... not asking you guys for that, but any smaller breakdowns would be great.

I also would like to be able to calculate a players value, week by week and see how much they are worth each week.. since i play in a weekly head to head, i am very curious about things like this.

Comment

We're in the process of adding these splits (the Last 7, Last 31 days, I believe, but maybe more) into the MACK reporting options. When that's done, I'll see what's easily portable to the CDG.

Comment

Thats awesome... if there is any way to do it by scoring period, that would be awesome as well.

Comment

Working...
              X