Missing threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing threads?

I tried to use the Search function to look up a thread from this Spring and couldn't find it. Then I noticed that The Clubhouse is only displaying 33 threads altogether at the moment.

It seems quite a few threads have temporarily gone walkabout.
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Not sure exactly what search terms you were using, but the counter at the top of the Clubhouse main page says it has 5261 threads. I see the page # indicators to indicate there are way more than 33 in there....

Comment

Ah, but if you go into the Clubhouse Forum itself, you'll see "Threads 1 to 25 of 33" on the first page, "Threads 26 to 33 of 33" on the second page, and that's it. (At least, that's all I'm seeing in there ... just two pages of threads in the Forum itself.) The oldest thread you can get back to is "Major League roster size", which had its most recent post by JonE on 9/3/10.

And I know I can't find a few threads from this Spring that I was looking for. (It's probably just as well. Mostly I was just going back to dig up my assertion during the offseason that some of the Tiger injury returnees might be useful pitchers this year, so as to offer my apologies for ever thinking such a ridiculous thing.)

I certainly shouldn't be debugging software when I have no idea what architecture you actually have for the forums, but if this joint runs the way I think it does (and I have spent a wee bit of time in here) my guess is that the last time you guys ran a full database build, something went awry in the search indexes. So if you run another build the "unfindable" threads will show up. Just a guess. For all I know you might run automated rebuilds of the indexes fairly often and it'll be cleaned up by morning.
      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

I'm not seeing the problem, Patioboater. When I click on the Clubhouse forum, it displays "Threads 1 to 25 of 5262" for me.
        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
          I'm not seeing the problem, Patioboater. When I click on the Clubhouse forum, it displays "Threads 1 to 25 of 5262" for me.
          One can control how many threads are displayed by default, under Settings, General Settings, Thread Display Options, "Default Thread Age Cut Off." Mine is set to "Show threads from last month." When I click on the Clubhouse forum, I see 34 threads.

If I want to see more Clubhouse threads, I have to change the timeframe at the bottom of the page, under "Thread Display Options." Or, I can change the global settings as above to apply to all forums.

Comment

Thanks, guys. That seems to be what's awry (and not my guess, which is why you shouldn't try to debug when you don't really know the architecture.)

But it's weird. My "Thread Display Options" were set to "Use Forum Default", but for some reason the Clubhouse's "Thread Display Option" shows as Show Threads From the "Last Day", but it actually displays threads from the last month. I changed my own options to "Show All Threads" and the threads showed back up. I promise I never touched my own settings, and I used to be able to see all threads in the Clubhouse, so maybe that default setting got changed. The "Search" function is now bringing up those threads, too, so the old thread I was searching for "Prediction Time: Who is this year's big surprise?" is now visible.

In any case, I'm happy again, since I can now go mock my offseason prediction that Bonderman would win 15 games.

Comment

Working...
            X