2nd Half Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Half Stats

Does HQ post 2nd half stats (only) for all players in 2 files (1 for hitter; 1 for pitchers)? If so, where would it be at? If not, would that be something they'd can do? Thanks.

BaseballHQ doesn't post those figures.

The best suggestion I have is getting them from ESPN.com, but they display just 40 players at a time and it's not in a downloadable file, so that's a lot of cutting, pasting, and reformatting. Perhaps others will have better suggestions.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Maybe baseball-reference.com?
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
        BaseballHQ doesn't post those figures.

May I ask why?

The 2nd half stats for all the players is in the Forecaster so it seems HQ has that data available...

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
          May I ask why?

The 2nd half stats for all the players is in the Forecaster so it seems HQ has that data available...
          I don't know but I'd guess that the powers that be (which alas excludes me) don't see the demand for it. The first half / second half split is not in our daily data feed, so it'd have to be a file created annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
            Maybe baseball-reference.com?
            I looked there and didn't see it. They've got the split data by player and by league totals but I didn't see a way to get a file for just 1H or 2H stats for an entire league's worth of players.

Comment

GG, you're right that we have the data for the book. To be honest, I'm not sure what format that's in... the book production input files are entirely separate from the web site. If you post back in this thread in about a month (toward the end of October), we'll be deep in book mode and I'll more easily be able to see what we can do.

In the meantime, you can use MLB.com or ESPN.com's stats pages to get this data if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                GG, you're right that we have the data for the book. To be honest, I'm not sure what format that's in... the book production input files are entirely separate from the web site. If you post back in this thread in about a month (toward the end of October), we'll be deep in book mode and I'll more easily be able to see what we can do.
                It's been about a month.

Anything look possible.

Comment

Yeah, I can now answer the question, you can decide if this helps you:

We don't have a 2nd half data file. For the book, we have the full-season data file and a first-half data file, and use those to calculate the 2H line for each specific player... but there isn't a place where those 2H lines get rolled up into a single file.

The best thing we could do is give you that 1H file we use, and you could do the same math that we do to derive the 2H numbers. Warning, this is a raw data file, it's missing much of the data that would be included in our normal projection files. This is right from our stats provider, so nothing that we calculate is included... no $ values, no xERA, no BPV, heck, no ct%, bb%, k/9, etc. It's just the straight stats...

for hitters: AB, R, H, 2B/3B/HR, RBI, BB, K, SB/CS
                  for pitchers: W-L, G, GS, Sv, Hld, BS, IP, H, ER, HR, BB, K

If that's helpful to you, I can post it right here in the thread. Let me know.

Comment

www.dougstats.com has a second half file for those with Excel dexterity.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                      Yeah, I can now answer the question, you can decide if this helps you:

We don't have a 2nd half data file. For the book, we have the full-season data file and a first-half data file, and use those to calculate the 2H line for each specific player... but there isn't a place where those 2H lines get rolled up into a single file.

The best thing we could do is give you that 1H file we use, and you could do the same math that we do to derive the 2H numbers. Warning, this is a raw data file, it's missing much of the data that would be included in our normal projection files. This is right from our stats provider, so nothing that we calculate is included... no $ values, no xERA, no BPV, heck, no ct%, bb%, k/9, etc. It's just the straight stats...

for hitters: AB, R, H, 2B/3B/HR, RBI, BB, K, SB/CS
                      for pitchers: W-L, G, GS, Sv, Hld, BS, IP, H, ER, HR, BB, K

If that's helpful to you, I can post it right here in the thread. Let me know.
                      Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I appreciate the time you took to look into this. I'm going to pass on the stats. Thanks again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                        www.dougstats.com has a second half file for those with Excel dexterity.
                        Thanks for the link Todd

Comment

Ray - PM box is full

Comment

Not anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response (as usual)

Comment

Working...
                              X