Weekly Starting Pitcher Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Starting Pitcher Report

Jorge de la Rosa is still not appearing on the report despite having been back for weeks. His rotation slot is always listed as TBD.

Any chance we can get him added back in?

Thanks!

I'm guessing it's a glitch based on the spaces in his name. I'll pass on to tech.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

In addition to the de la Rosa item, I see in the Atlanta section that Mike Minor's 8/15 start vs. the Dodgers is a -2.31 and his 8/20 start vs the Cubs is a 2.62. Is that a glitch or does the formula allow for so wide a swing?
        \"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.\"
        Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Comment

The range of the rating is -5 to +5. Any pitcher with a reasonable sample size of starts won't see the extreme edges of that range too often. But since Minor has one start on the road (a PQS 5) and no starts at home (effectively a PQS 0), that leads to these swings.

You need to be very careful in looking at the scores for small-sample guys like Minor. Actually, what you need to do is ignore them. Look at the oppTeam rating instead, that at least indicates the quality of the other offense.

Comment

Just a note that J. Chacin is not listed on the weekly report for replacing Jeff Francis as a 2 start pitcher (8/17, 8/22). He's currently listed for an 8/20 start. Thanks in advance for updating.

Oh, and by the way, please pass on thanks for getting the 2nd Sunday listed in the current Sunday report!
            10 Team, H2H, NL only, weekly points. No salary, no keepers, unlimited WW by order.
            Pitch: W/SV 7, L -5, QS 3, IP 3, K 0.5, BB -1, H -1, ER -1, HB -1. Bat: BB 1, K -0.5, 1B 1, 2B 2, 3B 3, HR 4, HBP 1, R 1, RBI 1, SB 2, CS -1.

"Live life as if you are going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you are going to live forever." Ghandi

Comment

Thanks, Ray! Good advice.
              \"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.\"
              Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Comment

The WEEKLY Starting Pitcher Report is currently only showing 4 days: 8/19-22, TH, F, SA, SU.
                10 Team, H2H, NL only, weekly points. No salary, no keepers, unlimited WW by order.
                Pitch: W/SV 7, L -5, QS 3, IP 3, K 0.5, BB -1, H -1, ER -1, HB -1. Bat: BB 1, K -0.5, 1B 1, 2B 2, 3B 3, HR 4, HBP 1, R 1, RBI 1, SB 2, CS -1.

"Live life as if you are going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you are going to live forever." Ghandi

Comment

Right, that's the rest of this week.

We're at the mercy of our source system as to how far in advance they extend their rotation outlook. I'd imagine you'll see them fill in the early part of next week soon, hopefully in time for tomorrow's update.

Comment

Thanks Ray.

I thought that the report was listing 7 days all the time; I stand corrected. At least, last Sunday, they had both current and next Sunday's SP listed; hope that continues.

Comment

Yes, the 8-day Sunday view should continue, we put some effort into getting that corrected. And you're right, weekdays seem to have seven days a lot of the time... but not always.

Comment

Ray, de la Rosa still isn't displaying in the starting pitcher report. At least for me, he's the type of pitcher I'm likely to start on a match-up basis at the back end of my rotation (Hammel, de la Rosa, Minor, Wolf for my 5th and 6th slot). Is there any way to just post hit rating someplace until it's fixed? The rest of the information I can look up separately.
                        Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Comment

Sorry, I know this is in tech's to-do list.

Meanwhile, DLR has a 3.28 PQS Avg at home, and 2.6 on the road. You can use those, and the OppTeam rating for his starts, to figure out his score. The formula is:

DLR PQS Avg - (5 - OppTeam Avg)

So for that home start against the Braves, he's (3.28) - (5 - 3.48) = (3.28 - 1.52) = 1.76

Comment

Ray, thanks much!
                            Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Comment

Working...
                            X