Custom Dollar Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Dollar Values

I don't know if this is something simple that I don't know how to do, but I could use some help. I have been using Baseball HQ for years and rely heavily on the Player Database for the projected dollar values for my standard 4x4 league. My leaguemates are contemplating replacing the traditional batting average category with on base percentage next year and I am not sure how I should handle this.

I know that I can use the RotoLab software to prepare for our draft, because it calculates custom values for salaries, but when I am making in-season decisions, I have always just peeked at the player database for my values--now I am not sure what to do.

Is this something that I could do in RotoLab or in MACK or somewhere else? What do other players with custom league categories do? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I tried doing several searches on the forum before resorting to opening a new thread. Thanks.
    Drungo Hazewood

Sounds like you need to get familiar with our Custom Draft Guide. You can look at projected or YTD values there.

Comment

quick custom draft guide question myself. This year. It really looks like ERA/Whip won't matter at all for me. Wins, IP and K's weighted are all that I need for pitching. If I only use those catagories when running the CDG is that a logically way to target pitchers that might help me the most? I am currently looking at those players who CDG show are worth alot based on those cats only who might have high ERA/Whips and might be easier targets. Is this an approiate use of the CDG? thanks

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I think the word "Draft" threw me off. I'll check it out.
        Drungo Hazewood

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
          quick custom draft guide question myself. This year. It really looks like ERA/Whip won't matter at all for me. Wins, IP and K's weighted are all that I need for pitching. If I only use those catagories when running the CDG is that a logically way to target pitchers that might help me the most? I am currently looking at those players who CDG show are worth alot based on those cats only who might have high ERA/Whips and might be easier targets. Is this an approiate use of the CDG? thanks
          Sure, that works. I might keep ERA/WHIP in there weighted at 0.5 rather than ignore altogether, but the thought process is sound.

Comment

Working...
          X