Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Custom Draft Guide" is a Custom AUCTION guide....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Custom Draft Guide" is a Custom AUCTION guide....

I know, I get careless calling an auction a "draft," too, sometimes. But they're two very different things.

I also think there are two links that should be more visible on the site (unless I'm blind and somehow I'm not seeing it):

Did you know there's any easy click to find the Average Draft Position from Mock Draft Central, updated weekly?
    You do if you come across Matt Beagle's column:

That gets you to the MDC report:

Then you can compare that (which may well be the bible for your fellow drafters) to the HQ version of the top 300 - one of them values them as if we didn't know that other owners will have some very different evaluations in the top 75, and the other adjusts for that (so you won't draft a guy at 20 when others think he's a 50, meaning you can draft him at 35 and get someone else really good at 20).
    Here's the way in to both of those lists:

To me, these are three core things that should be prominently displayed on the main page - currently only "Custom Draft Guide" is, and that's actually a Custom AUCTION guide.
    So in a perfect world, we rename that first, then have a link out front to MDC's ADP rankings, then have another link to HQ's own lists.

For drafters in a non-HQ league, seems to me it is critical that customers don't miss out on any of that....
    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Not to un-pick your nit, Howie, but the Custom Draft Guide tool is perfectly usable for draft formats, too. In fact, it's CDG output that ends up generating the Straight Draft Guide rankings. Just because the unit of measure is dollars doesn't mean the output is only applicable to auction formats.

Comment

That's fine, Ray - then the Custom Auction Guide, as it could be called, would be fine for people in a draft format as well.

I don't think that's really a nit, is it?

I just think that if I know my way around fairly well, and barely found that HQ has its own draft value lists, I'd want that to be on the main page. Ditto the MDC values that may demonstrate likely selections of my opponents.
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

I believe we are using "draft" here as an umbrella term that can encompass a snake draft or an auction process.

Comment

Not that i post much but i agree with Howie. It's hard to find the ADP list and many other things once they roll of the main page. The search function here often takes a few pages to find the one key word i typed in.

Comment

Working...
          X