X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide � Input Questions

Offensive BudgetPosition/Bench playersCategories
    Ryan

"I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

Offensive budget: shouldn't really matter in a straight draft context. All you care about are relative player-to-player values, doesn't matter if it's 38 v. 36 or 32 v. 31. Pick any of the mid-range options there.

Bench: yes, many users like to fudge the number of active roster spots to account for subbing in of pitchers, etc. I wouldn't bother on the hitting side, even if you're going to do some streaming there.

Losses: these don't work well in category mode, they skew the values too far... that's why they're grayed out. Winning% or NetWins would be decent substitutes (don't remove Wins, though). I might weight the Win% or NetWins at something like .5 to account for it being a substitution. Wins and Losses are hardest to project, anyway, so don't get too wrapped up in getting overly precise here.

Comment

Just to clarify, for the offensive budgets, buy mid-range, you mean just use the standard 66%?

Thanks for the feedback Ray.
      Ryan

"I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

Comment

Yup.

Comment

A post I made elsewhere for leagues with deep benches.
          Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
          Also, with 8 bench players on 17 teams you might get weird results. For leagues that have a deep bench that is usually filled with $1 guys (from the farm team or waivers, etc), I suggest reducing the number of bench players to the average number each team winds up with salaries above replacement salary. Say you play in a league with 5 bench spots, but each team usually has 4 $1 players. Then I'd reduce the team salary by $4 and input 1 bench spot.
          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X