Category Inclusion to Custom Draft Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Inclusion to Custom Draft Guide

Any chance of adding "Saves minus Blown Saves" to the choice of custom categories? Thanks.
    "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
    Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
    Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

I don't think we project blown saves.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I do, but that's proprietary until after the HQ Labratory league has its auction.
      MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Why Not?

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
        I don't think we project blown saves.
        Rob,

"Losses" and "Caught Stealing" are negative categories that are projected based on various prior season data and are included in the Custom Draft Guide criteria to generate "Net" numbers. What is so difficult about applying the same principles to Blown Saves?

Surely my League isn't the only one that has this customized category factored in. I'd appreciate if this could be looked at and eventually included.
        "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

On this issue, I only know the what, not the why. Perhaps someone else knows the why.
          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Rich,

I think what RobR@HQ is saying is that your request is not just an enhancement to the custom valuator tool but is also a request to have those categories included in BBHQ projections, and that's a bigger issue within BBHQ. That's the way I read his response anyway.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Someone from HQ - How About the WHY?

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Rich,

I think what RobR@HQ is saying is that your request is not just an enhancement to the custom valuator tool but is also a request to have those categories included in BBHQ projections, and that's a bigger issue within BBHQ. That's the way I read his response anyway.
              Michael,

I appreciate your attempting to augment what Rob said, but in either case, and thinking it through, you're right, it would have to become a projected category in THE FORECASTER and following projections, then why can't it be so?

"Losses" are projected for closers, aren't they? In the same vein, then why can't their failed attempts at "Saves" (their main purpose for being inserted into a game when their club is leading) be looked into?

Comment

Since This Is Being Buried .........

.......... and certainly worthy of a response, I'll forward it to The Man at an appropriate, future date.

Comment

Working...
                X