New projection format needs better labeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New projection format needs better labeling

After playing around with them a bit, I'm coming to really like the HTML stuff in particular. And I don't think I'll miss some of the formatting from the old Excel files, such as the positions sorting like letters not numbers.

HQ could do a far better job of labeling the files, or writing a better explanatory paragraph to go beneath them, to clarify exactly what is in each file. For instance "NL pitch" is not illuminating.

Couple questions for the HQ gang if they read this:

1. Are the valuation quirks getting worked out? A guy like Chris Snyder, for instance, is shown YTD as zero dollars and is clearly doing better than that so far.

2. Can the HTML stats be fixed so that all categories are sortable? I tried to sort pitchers by GB% but can't do that unless I load 'em up into Excel first.
    http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

The labeling will get better. The more detailed description of each report will appear on the main page.

On the valuation quirks, these are currently cause by a number of factors. #1 Values are calculated on a weekly basis. For the first two weeks the stats have a very small variance, and those player who do truely dominate are showing up with very high $ values. Manny Rameriez has been a $3 player with his lowly numbers. However a player like Orlando Cabrera or Chris Shelton have had such great stats they are sucking up most of the money. The YTD $ values only represent what the players have done thus far, and not what the are projected to do.

I will see why the GB% and FB% where left off of the sortable list...

Comment

Originally posted by MattY@HQ
      The labeling will get better. The more detailed description of each report will appear on the main page.

On the valuation quirks, these are currently cause by a number of factors. #1 Values are calculated on a weekly basis. For the first two weeks the stats have a very small variance, and those player who do truely dominate are showing up with very high $ values. Manny Rameriez has been a $3 player with his lowly numbers. However a player like Orlando Cabrera or Chris Shelton have had such great stats they are sucking up most of the money. The YTD $ values only represent what the players have done thus far, and not what the are projected to do.

I will see why the GB% and FB% where left off of the sortable list...
      Matt, thanks for the quick response. There's still a valuation glitch though. Not to fixate on Chris Snyder, but his $0 YTD stats are basically the same as Carlos Delgado's or Moises Alou's, valued $25 & $19. Maybe it's just Snyder.
      http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Working...
      X