Problem with custom draft guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with custom draft guide

I noticed today that the projection stats being used by the custom draft guide are different than the updated projections from yesterday, and in some cases very different. Some examples:

Bobby Jenks: 14 SV custom, 36 SV on the player projection page
    Keith Foulke: 20 SV custom, 28 SV PPP

Actually, pretty much all the save totals are off, as are the ERA and WHIP numbers. I've tried different league sizes and other settings, and still things remain different.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea on a fix?

Thanks!
    AL 4x4 9 team (yes, shallow I know, but we're all good friends from around the country who travel for an in person auction each year), 14 hitters/10 pitchers $260 cap.

Champions: 1997, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2017

I passed along to tech support...

Comment

Some projected values in the custom guide are radically different from before. for example -- Lowery, Bonderman $16 in Forecaster, $5, $6 in guide--Why is this ?
      Mike

Comment

The projected VALUES are supposed to be different, depending on what you input for league size... they can be radically different.

Now, in some cases we're seeing the DATA behind the values are different (for instance, saves totals for Jenks and Wickman), that's a problem we're investigating right now.

Comment

Also, I'm Wondering

Shouldn't the players be listed in the same order when using the custom draft guide as they are on the regular projections page?
          That is, after I enter my league size and generate the list of pitchers in dollar value from high to low, I notice that they're not in the same sequence as they are in the regular projections.
          I understand that the dollar values will be different, but I expected the players would be in the same order.
          Instead I find, for example, Brad Lidge at the top of the pitchers on the regular projections and Billy Wagner at the top when I generate using the custom guide.
          Note: I'm using the same categories for both (4X4).

Comment

wouldn't is be easy to add inflation into the Custom engine?

Rather than users having to hand calculate Inflation numbers, once they have been determined......can't we just plug them into the engine......shouldn't be a difficult feature to add, I wouldn't think.

Comment

JaHostert: for players very close in value, rounding errors might cause some very minor re-ranking. If you've got an example of something more drastic, let us know.

bergo: one quick trick to get inflation reflected in the output is to alter your league budget: if you're a $260 league with 10% inflation, put in $286 for the budget.

Comment

Inflation isn't that hard...

Without compromising the CV. Here's how I manage it...

1. Run the CV, copy and paste into Excel.

2. Confirm that you've got the exact amount of players (in an 11 team NL, for instance, 154 hitters--including 22 catchers, 55 OF, etc. and the 11 highest rated remaining players for UT--and 99 pitchers, with value in the CV of $2860.

3. Forecast your league's protected lists, with contract extensions, etc., to determine the amount left to spend on draft day. Even if your league hasn't finalized their protects yet, you can probably get pretty darn close.

4. Delete all protected players from your CV spreadsheet, leaving the (in theory) draftable pool. It's always possible that someone will protect a player that the CV didn't include, but usually that player's not worth more than $1 or $2 anyway.

5. Total the remaining value in the CV. Compare to the available to spend. There's your inflation %. (For instance, $1900 available to chase $1500 of talent yields $1900/$1500=1.266=26.6% inflation.

6. Add a column adjacent to the CV Values, multiply each existing value by 1.266, to get an inflation adjusted number.
                Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

I did a standard AL 5x5 league custom guide grid. R. White is listed a $0 under the dh category. If that is Rondell White, the price can not be right. I do not see him anywhere else.

Comment

I just did a 12-team AL, standard 5x5, and White came up as a $8 DH.

Try to avoid using the 'back' button on your browser in the CV tool... you may be seeing a caching issue.

Comment

Good call, Ray. Whenever I find myself wanting to do a revaluation I always completely close out the last browser session and re-initiate the process from scratch - as I found some similar issues when first using the tool.

Comment

Working...
                      X